When it comes to riding an electric scooter, your full attention is important in order for you to arrive at your destination in one piece. While it’s not surprising anymore to see a rider pull out a smoke or a vape on or before speeding off, many dangers are still associated with the habit. Unfortunately, smoking a cigarette or vaping while riding an electric scooter can have dire consequences. It's a fact that your vulnerability to danger increases when you're not fully focused on your riding.
Here are several reasons that support the need to avoid smoking a cigarette or vaping while driving an electric scooters:
- Smoke caused during vaping or smoking a cigarette can impair attention visually and make you lose focus, leading to accidents and other hazards. It is indeed a distraction, heightening vulnerability to dangers on the road. Remember precision is required to navigate an electric scooter safely, and vaping can compromise this ability, leading to potential safety issues.
- While wearing a helmet is important for added protection in case of a crash, smoke from a vape or a cigarette can hinder you from seeing where you are going as it literally clouds your helmet which is very dangerous. The resulting thick cloud of vapor in the helmet will cause a blurred vision which is a perfect recipe for a road accident. Under all costs, avoid this.
- Most vaping devices use vegetable glycerine (VG) and fruit juices that allow a person to enjoy vaping. But there are claims stating that the combination of e-juice with a high level of VG can cause dizziness and light-headedness, further endangering the rider. Again, full focus is required.
- Holding a cigarette or a vape device can divert a rider's attention, diminishing their riding skills and concentration. Always make sure your hands are free to maneuver your favorite e-scooter safely. Anything that occupies a hand during riding is a potential threat to one’s life.
- Vaping while driving is illegal in some countries and can result in penalties and other legal consequences. Make sure to check your local law to ensure you are not going against it. Riders must stay updated on the latest laws and regulations governing vaping practices to avoid potential legal repercussions. Remember, even though electric scooters may not require registration, riders can still lose their license.
- One more thing that’s illegal in many countries is marijuana and definitely riding under the influence can land yourself in jail because there is no valid reason to operate a vehicle while high on marijuana and risk your life and others. Smoking or vaping marijuana affects both driving and riding skills. Marijuana distorts the perception of space, speed, and time. This makes smoking or vaping it while riding an e-scooter dangerous and against the law.
To promote road safety and enhance attention while riding, it is strongly advised to refrain from smoking or using vaping devices. By avoiding the temptation to vape or smoke, riders can navigate their electric scooters with increased focus, ensuring a safer experience for both themselves and others on the road.
Health and Safety Take Center Stage
Additionally, there are safety and health risks from smoking and vaping that have sparked concerns worldwide, but that’s for another discussion.
In today's world, where sustainability and personal health and safety take center stage, it's crucial to make the right choices that align with these values.
Ride Hub Australia, Home of the Electrified Beasts (E-Rides) and the leading electric ride supplier, advocates for a healthier and more sustainable lifestyle, encouraging individuals to explore the electrifying realm of eco-friendly transportation while making informed choices about their well-being. With a commitment to sustainability and personal health, Ride Hub Australia empowers riders to embrace a greener lifestyle while enjoying the thrill of electric transportation.
While many individuals have already embraced eco-friendly practices in their everyday lives like choosing a convenient, eco-friendly e-scooter in order not to pollute the outside, each one is encouraged to be healthy on the inside which means eliminating smoking and vaping. Overall, Ride Hub Australia encourages riders to prioritize safety and considerate road behavior, making each journey with an electric scooter both enjoyable and responsible.
By choosing Ride Hub Australia as your preferred electric ride supplier, you gain access to an extensive range of electrified beasts that align with your eco-friendly values and hopefully health values too. At Ride Hub Australia, we have a line of premium e-scooter brands that cater to a diverse rider preferences and needs. The brands we carry include: Bolzzen, Ducati, Inokim, Kaabo, Mearth, Mercane, Segway and Xiaomi.
Let Ride Hub Australia be your partner in this electrifying journey, where sustainability, health, and responsible choices converge to create a brighter future for all.